Dienstag, 15. September 2009

What to pack... when going on a trip?





Departure time is almost there. I'm going to the Big Apple tomorrow :-) I've been there so many times but every single time I have to think about what to bring and what not again and again. I think it's good to get organized ahead of time so you don't have to worry about forgetting anything or stress out. Make a list - ficticious or real - if it helps you. I lay every single item on the bed and try out different combinations. Pack only half of what you think you need (especially if you plan on shopping). How many times have I only worn half of the content of my suitcase.

I checked the weather forecast and it's supposed to be cooler (around 18 degrees C) and rainy. That means to take any umbrella and closed shoes or booties. I know I'll be walking around a lot and although I do love my heels I pretty much only packed flats. I'll probably buy one or two nice pairs of heels anyway which I will need when we're going out. For that case I also packed some dressier pants that can easily transition from day to night and sequin leggings and skirt.

My color palette seems pretty plain ranging from heather grey to black but it will be much easier to combine the clothes that way. I took cardigans to wear over dresses for when it's a little cooler. And a must is also a trench coat. Mine is from Polo by Ralph Lauren in a dark blue color. I think every woman should own one as it's a classic and will never go out of style. It will keep me safe from the rain and also warm without being too hot and sweaty.

Shirts are of course also a must. Mine are a bit longer so I can wear over leggings. I'm not a big fan of jeans in general as they are usually too tight and squeeze my tummy but I packed one pair of plain skinny jeans by J Brand.

I'll also take my LV leopard scarf on the plane because it's always chilly with the AC on and I don't want to get sick. It's jst big enough to wear as a pashmina over the shoulders.

What's your travelling wardrobe like? Do you have a favorite piece that you always take with you on your journeys?

1 Kommentar: